Monday 29 October 2012

Crystal of the Universe

This magnificent crystal that I want to share with you all goes by a few different names. My preference is 'dendritic opal'. It is also known as 'merlinite' and is often confused with 'mystic merlinite' (they are two different stones). The clear/white elements are quartz and the black tends to be psilomelane (a manganese oxide) or the dendritic inclusions (look like moss/tree branches). 

Image source: http://www.opalauctions.com/auctions/dendritic-opal/item-122737

I have quite a few personal experiences with this stone. I own this gorgeous pendant that I wear sparingly, I also now own a beautiful raw piece that I'm pretty sure the owner was unaware of what the stone actually was. Never have I felt the presence of such a strong crystal. It aids Shamanic practices and development, balance duality (bringing dark into light and visa versa without there being negative/positive), helps transformation of concepts outside the grasp of a rational mind, aids fear of change and is a VERY active stone. I have heard people warn against using this stone if you are not a practitioner or spiritually guided in some way. Whilst I have always disliked excluding people due to knowledge or practice, this stone does need a warning disclaimer on it. I mistakenly thought it a great idea to wear my stone to my FIRST ever Shamanic class - huge mistake! I literally went on some speed-of-light journey that to this day has me confused (I'm not sure where I actually went). It was intense and the images, sensations and information were too fast and too much. I felt so ill afterwards, I was physically sick. 

We have since worked very well together, especially with my Shamanic practice. But it takes control, understanding and dare I say, a fare bit of background knowledge. I will NEVER use this stone in Reiki or group meditations - unless fully comfortable with everyones awareness level. It is usually not a relaxing or healing stone, definitely more a spiritual growth stone. By no means exclude this stone from your collection, but use it wisely. 

Keep this all in mind when choosing a piece of this truly magical stone and feel free to share any encounters with this Crystal of the Universe!

Blessings xo

No comments:

Post a Comment