Saturday 13 October 2012

Dingo Dreaming

Image source: http://beaumitchell.com/blog/page/5/

I have a lovely Dingo Dreaming story to share. When doing a recent nature spirit dreaming, I was visited by my guide for the Dream; Dingo. As soon as I closed my eyes, this gorgeous Dingo was there to take me to where I needed to go. We started inland Australia, in the desert. This Dingo took me specifically to a Boab tree (I'll mention that in a later post). Here I looked at this amazingly bottle-shaped tree and asked what exactly I was supposed to be learning from this tree. The Dingo showed me that the tree was sacred to native peoples and that I should walk around the tree, touching the bark and noticing all its features. He sat at the edge of what felt like an invisible circle around the tree, in the sand and just watched me. It was a very tactile dreaming. I remember the feel of the sand under my feet, the stones, the sharp grass along my legs as we walked and the strange bumpy but somewhat smooth texture of the Boab's bark. I felt the searing sun and the gentle coolness under the tree as I sat in the red sand and meditated during this Dreaming. Compared to other animal totems, the Dingo seemed to have a quirky humour and cheeky personality. He had a sense of purpose but never at the expense of a little play along the way. There was a distinct carefreeness and deep pride but not without a very laid back attitude. I got the sense that dozing during the hot sun under a Boab tree was a regular occurrence. He was not fussed by people and watched with a detached interest. They are known as tricksters but they are also cunning creatures with a mastery at finding food, water and shelter. Beautiful creatures to guide for any Dreaming or Spiritual journeys!

No comments:

Post a Comment